January 16, 2012

Margaret Sherry's Christmas Mice

I didn't get a chance to participate in the Margaret Sherry Christmas stitch-along, but that doesn't mean I didn't get a chance to do some Margaret Sherry related stitching for the holidays. I put together two sets of these Christmas mice, (plus an extra mouse with stocking for myself). These adorable little guys come from The Best of Margaret Sherry collection.

The first set I stitched on 18 count aida cloth, which seemed like a good idea when I started (and don't get me wrong, they did turn out very cute!) But I hadn't thought ahead to all those tiny 1/4 backstitches that are used to create details on the mice, and they were quite a challenge to stitch on such a small fabric.


The frames on this set are woodgrain flexi-hoops, which I love because I was able to stitch the designs right in the frame. I made these ones as stocking stuffer to go with our Christmas gift for a friend.


This second set I made for my brother-in-law's girlfriend. She's from Japan and decorating the family tree is one of her favourite activities when she gets to spend Christmas with us in Canada. This time I stitched the designs over 2 threads on a 32 count linen, which was much easier to work with! The frames are 2.5 inch in diameter ornament frames that I found at Michael's. I was so happy to discover them since they were the perfect size for these little mice.

Wishing all my fellow Margaret Sherry stitchers all the best for 2012! Happy stitching everyone,

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amber! I've just loved this wonderful frames and also your work! It is fantastic! So perfect! Congrats, girl! Hugs from Brazil!

Valma said...

So wonderful mice :D
My favourite, mice...
You really did a great job !! Your finish is perfect !
Bravo :D
They are on my stitching list for 2012 :)
Maybe February will bring other mice designs...
Hugs from France

Becky said...

They are absolutely wonderful and I love the frames you choose. Well done.

Rita said...

They are beautifull! Great job;)

cucki said...

aww sweet..they are super cute..
stitchy hugs cucki xx

Stitching Noni said...

They are adorable! Love the way you have finished them off in their little frames as well :o)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

♥ Nia said...

All look so adorable!! =)
Great work sweetie!! Lovely ornaments :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

These are so cute:)

raised by cross stitching wolves said...

Your ornaments are adorable, Amber! I'll have to look at Michael's for those lovely frames. ~ Lorraine